A ZERO CARBON COMMUNITY
Designed around the NHS healthy Towns principles as well as Thakeham’s sustainability principles, this new community will benefit from the very best of zero carbon, healthy living placemaking.
At a glance
- 100 new homes, including 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and bungalows
- 20% Biodiversity net gain – Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings such as bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ will integrate with new wildlife corridors through the new community
- Natural green space for local families
- HBF 5* quality new homes
- Affordable homes that are tenure blind, easing pressure on first time buyers and key workers
- Our affordable homes are indistinguishable from the wider community in design, ensuring that each resident benefits equally
- Electric vehicle charging points in all new homes
- Improved transport connectivity
Our environmental strategy focuses on: Climate Change, Nature Recovery, People and Communities.
This strategy is at the heart of our business operations. Thakeham’s new homes will contribute to making the planet a better place for future generations.
Thakeham is working with industry experts, partnering with organisations such as the Wildlife Trusts, and leading climate change action in association with construction Industry bodies such as the HBF.
Thakeham creates sustainable, zero carbon, modern communities that enhance the quality of life
You can read more on our sustainability strategy here.