At a glance
- 130 new homes, including 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and bungalows
- More than 10% Biodiversity Net Gain – Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting
- Natural green space
- HBF 5* quality new homes
- Policy compliant affordable homes that are tenure blind
- The community is situated less than a mile away from local amenities, such as: a Primary & Secondary School, Medical Centre and Town Centre
- New landscape planting and the provision of open and local play space, accessible for the wider community
- Electric vehicle charging points in all new homes
- Improved sustainable transport connectivity
- Homes designed in local styles to reflect the character of Burgess Hill
- Allocated site
At the forefront of our design considerations at the beginning of every project is how we can minimise our impact on the environment. With meaningful, zero carbon placemaking as our aim, how we build and what we build has changed significantly to ensure our communities are able to thrive for generations to come.
Every Thakeham home built by 2025 will be zero carbon in lifetime operation, while the build process of that home will be carbon neutral.
You can read more on our sustainability strategy here.
Thakeham seek to ensure that development proposals integrate well with the surrounding landscape and have a benefit for local wildlife. As part of our development, we will ensure that existing trees and hedgerows are retained wherever possible. We will also plant new trees and shrubs in new public open space, and create new native hedgerows.
We will also provide bird and bat boxes on new homes and existing trees to ensure an environmentally friendly development and more than 10% net gain in biodiversity across the site.
You can read more about our Nature recovery measures here.