At a glance
- 139 new homes, including 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and bungalows
- HBF 5* quality new homes
- Policy compliant affordable homes that are tenure blind
- 20% Biodiversity net gain – Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings such as bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ will integrate with new wildlife corridors through the new community
- Natural green space
- New landscape planting
- Electric vehicle charging points in all new homes
- Improved sustainiable transport connectivity
- Homes designed in styles to reflect the character of the local area
- Planning permission granted
With the high standards in sustainable community creation, over 300 solar panels will be installed across the development. The homes will also be built with a selection of fast electric charging points and high standards of insulation.
The new homes will achieve at least 30% reduction in carbon emissions; that’s over and above the policy requirement of 20%.With average carbon emissions per dwelling of only 1.5 tonnes CO2 per year – around half the UK average. Furthermore, five homes will be fully net zero carbon.
Thakeham delivers developments with a focus on sustainable placemaking and enhancing communities. From the quality of our developments to our social responsibilities, we always go the extra
Thakeham invited children from the Footprints nursery school have joined parish and local councillors, as well as representatives from builders, to celebrate the start of work on a new development of 139 new sustainable homes in West Horsley.
Read more about West Horsley Groundbreaking