At a glance
- 150 new homes, including 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and bungalows
- Homes will be zero carbon in lifetime operation and each home built will be carbon neutral in production
- HBF 5* quality new homes
- Policy compliant affordable homes that are tenure blind easing the pressure on first time buyers and key workers
- Provision of new country park with footpaths, cycle paths and new habitats
- 20% Biodiversity net gain – Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting
- Natural green space
- New landscape planting
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings such as bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ will integrate with new wildlife corridors through the new community
- Electric vehicle charging points in all new homes
- Integrated sustainable transport connectivity
- Homes designed in styles to reflect the character of the local area
Zero Carbon Placemaking
Thakeham extensively and carefully considers its impact on the environment and what we can do to minimise it. Part of our sustainability strategy will see every Thakeham home delivered from 2025 zero carbon in lifetime operation.
Read more here.