With our renowned exceptional standard of product and meaningful placemaking. Thakeham will create a new community of 4,600 zero carbon homes, A sympathetic and attractive addition to its existing local surroundings.
A SENSE OF PLACE
Thakeham supports key values in every development it creates, with a vision to ensure cohesive working with a site’s natural features as a core principle of design. Respecting the local vernacular and enhancing natural features ensures the creation of a real sense of place within a new community.
At a glance
- Homes will be zero carbon in lifetime operation and each home built will be carbon neutral in production
- More green spaces for local families
- Improved transport and infrastructure giving the community chance to breathe
- Ease the pressure on first time buyers,key workers and key workers with quality affordable homes
- Business investment with a new business park creating thousands of jobs
- Investment in amenities including new sporting, healthcare and education facilities
- In collaboration with our partners the Plunkett Foundation Thakeham will gift premises to a Community Trust delivering community owned and run shops, pub and cafe
- Delivering a sustainable community delivering a net bio-diversity gain of at least 20%
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings such as bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ will integrate with new wildlife corridors through the new community
Zero Carbon Placemaking
Passionate about making a positive change within the house building industry, we have pledged that by 2025, every Thakeham home will be zero carbon in production and carbon neutral in its lifetime operation. Making these changes well before government targets puts Thakeham at the head of the change.
Our environmental strategy focusses on: Climate Change, Nature Recovery, People and Communities.
Read more about our sustainability strategy here.