As well as 68 high-quality, tenure blind zero carbon homes, we plan to deliver:
- Promotion of sustainable transport – all homes will have an electric vehicle charging point
- Ease the pressure on first time buyers and key workers through the provision of quality affordable homes
- Open green space with enhanced landscaping and ecology zones
- Biodiversity net gain – Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting
- A multi-functional community/employment space such as a co-working area, delivered in partnership with the Plunkett Foundation
- We will engage local primary schools with our Eddie and Ellie initiative to promote the importance of ecology and biodiversity
The bigger picture
Across all of Thakeham’s development, there is extensive consideration of the surrounding environment as well as climate action on a larger scale. In recognition of this, Thakeham has pledged that by 2025 every Thakeham home will be zero carbon in production and carbon neutral in lifetime operation.
Our environmental strategy focuses on: Climate Change, Nature Recovery, People and Communities.
Read more on our sustainability strategy here.