At a glance
- 99 new homes, including 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and bungalows
- 30% affordable homes that are tenure blind easing the pressure on first time buyers
- Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting to increase biodiversity
- New children’s play areas for new and existing residents
- Homes designed to respect and complement the local character of Alfold
- New Access from Loxwood Road and safe connections to existing local footpath network
- Delivering a net bio-diversity gain of at least 20%
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings such as bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ will integrate with new wildlife corridors through the new community
Zero Carbon Placemaking
Across all our schemes, Thakeham is taking significant steps towards meaningful, zero carbon placemaking by 2025.
Our environmental strategy focuses on: Climate Change, Nature Recovery, People and Communities.
You can read more on our sustainability strategy here.
ENVIRONMENT & LANDSCAPE
Thakeham seek to ensure that development proposals integrate well with the surrounding landscape and have a benefit for local wildlife. As part of our development, we will ensure that existing trees and hedgerows are retained wherever possible. We will also plant new trees and shrubs in new public open space, and create new native hedgerows.
We will also provide bird and bat boxes on new homes and existing trees to ensure an environmentally friendly development and more than 20% net gain in biodiversity across the site.