Thakeham’s commitment to safe working during Covid-19
The Charter for Safe Working Practice - COVID-19
The Home Builders Federation (HBF) and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) have produced a ‘Charter for Safe Working Practice’ to ensure that homebuilding activity is carried out safely and in accordance with the advice of Government and Public Health England during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
In addition to our own stringent and comprehensive range of measures, we have signed up to adhere to this Charter. Through this we can help the industry to continue to provide much needed additions to housing supply and play its part in the country’s economic recovery, while delivering on our and its top priority: protecting the health and safety of the homebuilding workforce, visitors to site and the local community.
Please see here for a downloadable version of the HBF Charter.
- Working with our workforce, subcontractors and suppliers to develop and share detailed safe working practices
- Only undertaking operations we know can be carried out safely
- Establishing safe access and egress to the site
- Providing safe shared facilities
- Giving all site visitors a safety induction to ensure they fully understand the measures in place on the site to protect them and others
- Ensuring measures are in place to enable anyone on site to abide by social distancing guidance and taking mitigating action to reduce the risk of transmission where not possible
- Having clean welfare facilities and hand washing points and sanitisers across the site
- Developing detailed policies that allow customers to visit sites and view homes safely and in accordance with all social distancing guidelines
- Communicating with our neighbours so they are aware we are working to Government guidelines
- Ensuring that compliance with these rules is monitored very closely
For further information and guidance, please follow this link to the HBF website.
For Government guidance on COVID-19, please follow this link.