From day one, we have been driven by a clear vision: to transform the way people think about new-built developments.
Over 20 years later, that ethos is still very much alive, reflected in our numerous awards and enviable reputation in the sector. Today, we employ close to 250 people and has a forecasted revenue of £219 million in 2023/24.
An infrastructure-led community creator and strategic land promoter, we are committed to partnerships, innovation and creating amazing places to live and work. We are industry-leading in sustainability and biodiversity, committed to ensuring every home is carbon-neutral in production, and carbon-zero throughout its lifetime use by 2025.
We pride ourselves on our ‘Infrastructure first’ approach, ensuring communities release the benefits of new development at the outset, rather than later in the process. We deliver social, affordable and retirement housing for some of the biggest housing associations and local authorities in the country. Partners include the NHS England Healthy New Towns Initiative, the Plunkett Foundation, Social Value UK and we have been awarded a prestigious Gold Supply Chain School.
People are our most important asset, and this is reflected in the way we operate. We were proud winners of Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2022 and recognised in the prestigious ‘Best Places to Work 2023’.
Our people enjoy excellent rewards and working conditions in an exciting and fast-growing business. We offer exciting career opportunities that are second to none, and are keen to develop, guide and support our employees, regardless of what stage they are in their careers.
We value diversity and encourage people to bring their full authentic selves to work. A Gold Armed Forces Covenant signatory and supporter of armed force’s charity Building Heroes, we operate a Talent for Development outreach campaign for military veterans and college leavers.
Work and fun should not be mutually exclusive and we offer a range of social events including quiz nights, BBQs and all staff parties. We run informal lunch and learns and take on charity challenges such as dragon boat racing. We encourage people to volunteer in their communities, offering two paid days per year to do so. Where roles allow our summer hours policy in June, July and August allows people to enjoy longer weekends with their loved ones and a flexible approach to working is available all year round.
Join our team and let’s build communities, together.
Our HR department engages with all areas of the business from the staff to those out on our construction sites. We provide support to the business on recruitment and selection, performance management, learning and development, reward and recognition, community engagement and change management.
The candidate will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- Manage our training matrix and create a training needs analysis each year
- Identify continuous improvements to existing learning and development offering
- Design and deliver impactful training
- Book, coordinate, and record training courses
- Manage the training budget and report other L&D KPI’s
- Providing support and challenge to line managers to foster a learning culture and support team development
- Manage and apply for any grants/funding related to training
- Manage the relationship with the CITB and other external stakeholders
- Oversee our internal business wide development programme
- Support the HR team with any other project work during the year
This list is not exhaustive. Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
The required skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with people internally and externally
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Professional approach with high degree of discretion
- Ability to question, challenge and analyse
- Willing to be flexible and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions
- Knowledge of L&D in construction industry or similar sector (logistics, aviation, manufacturing etc.
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Annual holiday allowance 26 days plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Health screening
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours in a modern office environment / Working from Home Policy
- Excellent development and progression opportunities for the right candidate
- Company Social events
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Plus a whole range of other employee benefits that we can tell you all about, our employees are rewarded for their performance, attitude and results.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating people fairly. We will treat all job applicants and employees equally regardless of age, race, religious belief, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We welcome applicants from all sectors of society and we are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for all.