Job Title PA to Director Oxford-Cambridgeshire Arc
Role Type Permanent/Full Time
Reports to Director Oxford-Cambridgeshire Arc
The role will initially be based 1-2 days per week in our Wokingham office with the remainder of the week working from home. Once the Bicester office opens the role will be based there for a min 2-3 days per week and the remainder of the week can be worked either in the Bicester office or at home.
Thakeham is an infrastructure-led community creator and strategic land promoter and proud winner of a Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For.
The business is committed to partnerships, innovation and creating amazing places to live and work. Thakeham is a leader in the industry on sustainability and biodiversity. We are at the forefront of delivering sustainable homes, committed to ensuring every Thakeham home is carbon-neutral in production, and carbon-zero throughout its lifetime use by 2025. These core values underpin the company-wide mission to affect communities in a positive way
Thakeham was launched in 2003. From day one, the company was driven by a clear vision: to transform the way people think about new-built developments. Today, Thakeham employs close to 200 people with a turnover of over £105m.
People are Thakeham’s most important asset. Thakeham operates a thriving graduate recruitment programme and supports the Movement to Work initiative to help young people secure work. Thakeham has signed the HBF Mental Health Charter and recently organised a health and wellbeing programme during Lockdown.
A Bronze Armed Forces Covenant signatory and supporter of armed force’s charity Mission Motorsport, Thakeham operates a Talent for Development outreach campaign for military veterans and college leavers.
Away from work, Thakeham offers a range of staff events including quiz nights and participates in charity challenges including dragon boat racing.
We pride ourselves on our ‘Infrastructure first’ approach, ensuring communities release the benefits of new development at the outset, rather than later on in the process. Thakeham strive to not just create new homes, but genuinely amazing places to live, work and play. Thakeham delivers social, affordable and retirement housing for some of the biggest housing associations and local authorities in the country. Partners include the NHS England Healthy New Towns Initiative, the Plunkett Foundation, Social Value UK and have been awarded a prestigious Gold Supply Chain School.
Offering exciting career opportunities that are second to none, we are keen to develop, guide and support our employees throughout their careers. Our people enjoy excellent rewards and working conditions in an exciting and fast growing business.
Due to our ongoing growth we will be opening a regional office in Bicester to support our sites in this area and we are looking for somebody to join us as a PA to support the Director to set up this region and to provide support to our planning department.
The Job Role
The role holder’s primary responsibility will be providing all PA support to the Director Oxford-Cambridgeshire Arc.
The duties will include but are not limited to
- Working on own initiative and being proactive in providing what the Director requires on a day to day basis
- Structuring and producing advanced presentations and documents as required by the Director
- Working with the Director on projects providing project management support
- Outlook diary management and arrangement of internal / external meetings, including booking meeting room and organising lunch and refreshments when required
- Providing support to other senior members of the department
- Monitoring emails/ tasks list – actioning as required
- Dealing with correspondence, drafting letters and emails
- Dealing with (and fielding) calls
- Managing Outlook contacts
- Liaise with all other Senior Managers, Directors & PA’s to ensure effective communication through all departments
- Provide support to cover for other PA’s, admin, reception
- Set agendas, reminders and collate reports and information for board & operations meetings
- Attend meetings take meeting minutes and distribute accordingly
- Maintain up to date and efficient electronic and paper filing systems
- Manage invitations to social events as required
- Organising meetings outside of the office i.e. booking meeting rooms at hotels and liaising on arrangements etc.
- Arranging hotel rooms and booking travel where required
- Preparing monthly expenses and mileage returns
- Keeping filing up to date
- Attending meetings which will involve occasional travel within UK
This list is not exhaustive. Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
The Required Skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
- Good attention to detail, organisational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Typing with good speed and accuracy
- Professional approach with high degree of discretion
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Be flexible and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday allowance 26 days increasing to 27 after 3yrs service and 28 after 5yrs service (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Health screening
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours in a modern office environment / Working from Home Policy
- Excellent development and progression opportunities for the right candidate
- Company Social events
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Plus a whole range of other employee benefits that we can tell you all about, our employees are rewarded for their performance, attitude and results.
Thakeham is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating people fairly. We will treat all job applicants and employees equally regardless of age, race, religious belief, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We welcome applicants from all sectors of society and we are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for all.