Job Title Project Sales Manager
Reports to Sales Director
Role Type Permanent full time
Job Location Billingshurst, West Sussex
Thakeham is an infrastructure-led community creator and strategic land promoter and proud winner of a Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For.
The business is committed to partnerships, innovation and creating amazing places to live and work. Thakeham is a leader in the industry on sustainability and biodiversity. We are at the forefront of delivering sustainable homes, committed to ensuring every Thakeham home is carbon-neutral in production, and carbon-zero throughout its lifetime use by 2025. These core values underpin the company-wide mission to affect communities in a positive way
Thakeham was launched in 2003. From day one, the company was driven by a clear vision: to transform the way people think about new-built developments. Today, Thakeham employs close to 200 people with a turnover of over £105m.
People are Thakeham’s most important asset. Thakeham operates a thriving graduate recruitment programme and supports the Movement to Work initiative to help young people secure work. Thakeham has signed the HBF Mental Health Charter and recently organised a health and wellbeing programme during Lockdown.
A Bronze Armed Forces Covenant signatory and supporter of armed force’s charity Mission Motorsport, Thakeham operates a Talent for Development outreach campaign for military veterans and college leavers.
Away from work, Thakeham offers a range of staff events including quiz nights and participates in charity challenges including dragon boat racing.
We pride ourselves on our ‘Infrastructure first’ approach, ensuring communities release the benefits of new development at the outset, rather than later on in the process. Thakeham strive to not just create new homes, but genuinely amazing places to live, work and play. Thakeham delivers social, affordable and retirement housing for some of the biggest housing associations and local authorities in the country. Partners include the NHS England Healthy New Towns Initiative, the Plunkett Foundation, Social Value UK and have been awarded a prestigious Gold Supply Chain School.
Offering exciting career opportunities that are second to none, we are keen to develop, guide and support our employees throughout their careers. Our people enjoy excellent rewards and working conditions in an exciting and fast growing business.
We have a fantastic opportunity for somebody to join our sales team to provide support to the Sales Director and Sales Consultants. Our Sales team have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service and effectively convert leads into delivering sales.
The Job Role
The purpose of the Project Sales Manager’s role is to achieve sales targets for allocated sites in accordance with approved budget/forecast and the sales and marketing plans determined by the Sales Director.
The Projet Sales Manager has a responsibility to act professionally at all times and to ‘work in the field’ to achieve the above objective efficiently and profitably on behalf of the business. As part of the role you will
- Induct, train and develop our Sales Consultants through coaching to achieve our company objectives
- Carry out regular monthly individual one to one meetings and personal development plans with every member of the team
- Process the monthly commission, expenses and rota in line with the business processes
- Ensure the sales database is used in line with company procedures and data is kept up to date
- Provide competitor analysis on a monthly basis and provide recommendations on house designs and market opportunities
- Compile and provide all the daily, weekly, monthly reports that are required by the business
- Have responsibility for the department H&S including carrying out risk assessments and deputising for the Sales Director in their absence
- Oversee the use of Sales Consultants including issuing all documentation and instructing on sales release, cancellations and prices
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of financial services legislation and mortgage market associated with the business of Thakeham Homes Ltd through regular meetings with the appointed Mortgage Advisory Service.
- Liaise with and update the Sales Director on all matters as required
- Monitor customer feedback scores and provide recommendations for improvement
- Maintain and encourage positive relationships with all other departments within the business and ensure clear communication at all times
This list is not exhaustive. Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
The Required Skills
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in leading and managing a successful sales team
- Minimum of 5 years customer service experience
- Demonstrate strong people management skills
- Consistent style of leadership with coaching skills
- Strong verbal & written communication with a good level of competence in IT
- Professional, positive and engaging attitude to work
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday allowance 26 days increasing to 27 after 3yrs service and 28 after 5yrs service (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Health screening
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours in a modern office environment / Working from Home Policy
- Excellent development and progression opportunities for the right candidate
- Company Social events
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Plus a whole range of other employee benefits that we can tell you all about, our employees are rewarded for their performance, attitude and results.
Thakeham is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating people fairly. We will treat all job applicants and employees equally regardless of age, race, religious belief, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We welcome applicants from all sectors of society and we are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for all.