25th July 2016
Dragon Boat Race
Thakeham is excited to announce that we will be entering a team in the St Catherine’s Annual Dragon Boat Race which takes place at Tilgate Park, Crawley on Sunday 4th September.
How to Donate
If you would like to donate to this incredible charity, please click here – the Thakeham team would love your support.
Thakeham and St Catherine’s Hospice have been working together over plans to deliver a new hospice building and community facilities as part of a new development at Pease Pottage, just down the road from the Hospice’s existing site.
Robert Boughton, MD Thakeham says: “As our relationship with the Hospice has developed further over this year, the team at Thakeham have really engaged and been inspired by the incredible service the charity delivers to the local area. Throughout our company, the team are excited to do all they can to raise money for St Catherine’s and also to be a part of our future plans to deliver a new hospice facility.
“A determined few of the team heard about the Dragon Boat Race, they wanted to take part and it didn’t take long to get a team together. We wish them lots of luck and will be cheering on from the shore!”
St Catherine’s Hospice
The Charity does an enormous amount for the local community, providing specialist end of life care and support to those with a terminal diagnosis. Here are few facts that really bring home what St Catherine’s Hospice delivers:
- All St Catherine’s services are provided free of charge.
- It costs £17,225 a day to provide all their care services.
- St Catherine’s cares for more than 2,000 patients a year and supports those closest to them.
- Almost a quarter of patients cared for in 2015-2016 were of working age.
- They care for 80% of patients in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes.
- In 2015-2016, St Catherine’s provided face to face emotional & counselling services on 2,305 occasions.
- St Catherine’s hosted six weddings, two christenings and 10 parties in 2015-2016.
- St Catherine’s regularly relies on the support of over 800 volunteers.
- In 2015-2016 11,000 drinks were served from our drinks trolley to patients and visitors by our volunteers.
- 6,570 slices of cake were served at afternoon tea for patients and visitors last year.
- Now you are feeling inspired, please don’t forget to sponsor the team – we would love to raise as much as we can for St Catherine’s Hospice to help them reach their £50,000 target. Visit their fundraising site here.