This week, we held our staff ‘All Hands’ event, at Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking. An opportunity to come together to discuss business updates and exciting visions for the future.
During All Hands 2020, we launched our core values, ‘Thakeham30’, our strategic vision for the company. This year we continued those conversations and reflected on how far we have come.
Thakeham30 is a powerhouse of who we are; a strong foundation for our business that ensures we stay connected through our growth and truly value what is important every day. The vision includes specific targets for growth and represents a joint Net Zero by 2025 commitment to inspire staff, contractors, partners and homeowners.
Our Net Zero journey is at the forefront of what we do. Our people, the communities we create, the consistent quality we produce and the partnerships it takes to bring our plans to fruition. All are integral to our success and what makes us the Thakeham Family.
A moment to reflect
2020 and 2021 have been tremendously challenging for everyone, but at Thakeham, we kept moving. During the event we took a moment to reflect on all we have achieved in a time of adversity:
- We achieved Silver Award Armed Forces Covenant
- 18th in The Best Mid sized companies, 3rd in The Best Engineering & Construction companies & 17th in The Best Regional South East
- Two of our site managers won the Quality NHBC award
- Sponsored the Family Area at Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Launched Goodwood Education Centre alongside our partners
- Started a Plastic Revolution in the construction industry
- Theresa May opened our new Thames Valley office
- Supported local entrepreneur to produce bespoke wooden tableware in our showhomes
- 77 new starters joined the business to date since start of the year
- Extra week of leave given to staff in recognition of the challenges in 2020
The list goes on. If you would like to see what else we have been up to, please click here.
Quality time together
After our keynote speaker presentations had concluded, we gathered for wine tasting and a much-needed opportunity to network after months of being a part. We even brought along our ‘Ready, Steady, Build’ game so everyone could have a go at building a net zero home!
To see the photos from the event, please click here.