A pledge to the Armed Forces community
We were proud to sign the Armed Forces Covenant last week; a prestigious moment which took place during our annual Christmas Ball at Goodwood.
The Covenant is a promise by the nation, ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families are treated fairly.
We were joined by Lieutenant Colonel Chris Coton and James Cameron, founder and CEO of Mission Motorsport – a charity that aids the recovery of those affected by military operations. We have worked closely with Mission Motorsport for nearly six years and are delighted to further show our support for the forces by making this pledge.
“I’m delighted that Thakeham can support this long-term commitment to Armed Forces personnel. We owe so much to those who have served our country and we are committed to encouraging those leaving the services, to come and apply their skills here with us at Thakeham”.
Rob Boughton, Thakeham Group, Managing Director
The commitments of the Covenant
The Corporate Covenant commits Thakeham to upholding the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- No member of the Armed Forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved
It also means Thakeham will demonstrate its support by:
- Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- Offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community
You can find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant by clicking here
If you would like to find out more about Mission Motorsport, please click here