AT A GLANCE
- 619 quality new homes with policy compliant delivery of tenure blind, quality affordable homes, to ease the pressure on first time buyers and key workers
- Valuable local infrastructure including £7m road improvements delivered before first house sold
- New £4m school delivered, opened September 2021
- Walkways & cycle paths with green space for local families to enjoy
- A sustainable community delivering a net biodiversity gain of at least 20% and the retention of existing trees/hedgerows and new planting
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings, such as: bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ integrating with new wildlife corridors through the community
- In collaboration with the Plunkett Foundation, a community hub with its own community trust owned shop and cafe, gifted by Thakeham
- Village Green at its heart
- Largest consent ever given nationally in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Investment in local amenities including new sporting, healthcare and secondary school education facilities
- Green transport links connect Woodgate to employment centres, train and air links
COMMITTED TO NATURE RECOVERY
Nature Recovery is important to Thakeham and we are working to halt biodiversity loss, provide resilient habitats and educate young people about wildlife. Thakeham works closely with charities such as the Wildlife Trusts, to increase people’s awareness and understanding of the natural world and deepening their relationship with it.
When we plan and design, we are combining traditional village values with modern day learning – envisaging how the development will look, how it will feel, what the local area needs – we will combine good transport links, services, and easy access to everyday essentials. We want Woodgate to be a special place, a place our homebuyers want to stay and raise their families, make friends, be part of a community. For Thakeham, this is an opportunity to deliver something we really care about.
Rob Boughton, CEO of Thakeham
The Woodgate Hub
Through teamwork and collaboration, Thakeham and Plunkett are working towards bringing a state of the art community hub at our flagship Pease Pottage development.
Plunkett has been on hand at every step to help build the community, engage with local residents to ensure the hub flourishes on completion and echo the community values that underpin the ethos of the whole development.
Progress to date
The adjacent document highlights our progress to date, with video footage showcasing the delivery of infrastructure, the next phase for Alphium, along with key milestones for the village green, shop and community hub.