A 619 home new village community. In construction, Woodgate at Pease Pottage sets a new benchmark in infrastructure lead community creation in an Area of Outstanding Beauty. With substantive road improvements delivered early, a £4m new primary school built and delivered, Woodgate boasts a village green at its heart, a community hub with its own community trust owned shop, a cafe, a pub and integrated sustainable transport links.
With part of the community completed, a brand-new thriving community lives.
AT A GLANCE
- 619 quality new homes with policy compliant delivery of tenure blind, quality affordable homes, to ease the pressure on first time buyers and key workers
- Valuable local infrastructure including £7m road improvements delivered before first house sold
- New £4m school delivered, opened September 2021
- Walkways & cycle paths with green space for local families to enjoy
- A sustainable community delivering a net biodiversity gain of at least 20% and the retention of existing trees/hedgerows and new planting
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings, such as: bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ integrating with new wildlife corridors through the community
- In collaboration with the Plunkett Foundation, a community hub with its own community trust owned shop and cafe, gifted by Thakeham
- Village Green at its heart
- Largest consent ever given nationally in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Investment in local amenities including new sporting, healthcare and secondary school education facilities
- Green transport links connect Woodgate to employment centres, train and air links
Progress to date
The adjacent document highlights our progress to date, with video footage showcasing the delivery of infrastructure, the next phase for Alphium, along with key milestones for the village green, shop and community hub.
When we plan and design, we are combining traditional village values with modern day learning – envisaging how the development will look, how it will feel, what the local area needs – we will combine good transport links, services, and easy access to everyday essentials. We want Woodgate to be a special place, a place our homebuyers want to stay and raise their families, make friends, be part of a community. For Thakeham, this is an opportunity to deliver something we really care about.
Rob Boughton, CEO of Thakeham