Customer Care Coordinator
Job Title Customer Care Coordinator
Reports to Head of Customer Care
Role Type Permanent, full time
Job Location Billingshurst, West Sussex
Thakeham is an infrastructure-led community creator and strategic land promoter and proud winner of a Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For.
The business is committed to partnerships, innovation and creating amazing places to live and work. Thakeham is a leader in the industry on sustainability and biodiversity. We are at the forefront of delivering sustainable homes, committed to ensuring every Thakeham home is carbon-neutral in production, and carbon-zero throughout its lifetime use by 2025. These core values underpin the company-wide mission to affect communities in a positive way
Thakeham was launched in 2003. From day one, the company was driven by a clear vision: to transform the way people think about new-built developments. Today, Thakeham employs just over 200 people with a turnover of over £105m.
People are Thakeham’s most important asset. Thakeham operates a thriving graduate recruitment programme and supports the Movement to Work initiative to help young people secure work. Thakeham has signed the HBF Mental Health Charter and recently organised a health and wellbeing programme during Lockdown.
A Silver Armed Forces Covenant signatory and supporter of armed force’s charity Mission Motorsport, Thakeham operates a Talent for Development outreach campaign for military veterans and college leavers.
Away from work, Thakeham offers a range of staff events including quiz nights and participates in charity challenges including dragon boat racing.
We pride ourselves on our ‘Infrastructure first’ approach, ensuring communities release the benefits of new development at the outset, rather than later on in the process. Thakeham strive to not just create new homes, but genuinely amazing places to live, work and play. Thakeham delivers social, affordable and retirement housing for some of the biggest housing associations and local authorities in the country. Partners include the NHS England Healthy New Towns Initiative, the Plunkett Foundation, Social Value UK and have been awarded a prestigious Gold Supply Chain School.
Offering exciting career opportunities that are second to none, we are keen to develop, guide and support our employees throughout their careers. Our people enjoy excellent rewards and working conditions in an exciting and fast growing business.
The Customer Care department covers quality inspections of our homes, introduces customers to their new home and then manages the customer relationship over the phone and face to face across multiple sites, delivering a great service and better ways to make our customers feel truly special.
We are looking for a Customer Care Coordinator to support the Customer Care team in their day to day work and be the initial point of contact for clients registering defects and any queries post occupation.
The Job Role
The role holder’s primary responsibilities will be
- Record and action any customer queries post legal completion
- Manage department diaries and arrange appointments for visits
- Keeping all customers contact information up to date and ensuring that these are provided to Thakeham’s out of hours service provider
- Raising instructions/defect notices via the Customer Care database to contractors, suppliers, site managers etc. and monitoring the progress of works
- General administrative duties including opening and distributing mail, logging letters and sending letters of acknowledgement. Up-keep of electronic plot records, photocopying, scanning, typing, raising orders and cheque requisitions, answering telephone calls and co-ordinating queries with the Head of Customer Care, Customer Relations Managers and Technicians
- Raising sub-contract orders or orders for materials via the buying department or direct with suppliers, logging relevant incoming invoices
- Compile and distribute weekly progress reports for our partnership Client contracts
- Update NHBC claim report
- Liaising with other internal departments as required to address defect issues that arise e.g., engineering, commercial and technical.
This list is not exhaustive. Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
The Required Skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Knowledge of Coins ideal but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with everybody on site and in the office
- Customer focused and willing to go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service to our purchasers and clients
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Professional approach with high degree of discretion
- Team player
- Willing to be flexible and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions
- Desirable to have experience in a similar customer care role
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Annual holiday allowance 26 days increasing to 27 after 3yrs service and 28 after 5yrs service (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Health screening
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours in a modern office environment / Working from Home Policy
- Excellent development and progression opportunities for the right candidate
- Company Social events
Plus a whole range of other employee benefits that we can tell you all about, our employees are rewarded for their performance, attitude and results.
Thakeham is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating people fairly. We will treat all job applicants and employees equally regardless of age, race, religious belief, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We welcome applicants from all sectors of society and we are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for all.