Building Future Generations
Eddie & Ellie’s Wild Adventures is a cross-curriculum educational programme for lower KS2 pupils that is built around a children’s book.
It is a fundamental part of Thakeham’s Social Value approach, driving one of our four key Social Value goals – Building Future Generations.
A Lasting Impact
It’s a fully Thakeham funded programme of workshops, site visits and a school trip to a Wildlife Trust facility that follows a development’s journey from planning to site completion.
Carefully created in consultation with educational specialists, Wildlife Trusts, parents and their children, Eddie and Ellie is curated to leave a lasting impact long after the Thakeham development has been completed.
• Fully funded programme of activity, books and materials provision, including a free Wildlife Trust education day
• Adds a richness of experience to curriculum topics
• Early career related learning provision inspires young minds
• Legacy of children who appreciate and look after nature
• Meaningful Social Value delivery for procurement teams
• Programme coordination with the school by Thakeham CSR and Site team
• Dedicated and enthusiastic, fully qualified, DBS checked, teacher delivers the workshops
• Strategic partnership with the Wildlife Trusts
• Google Classroom facility for safe and secure access to materials, with physical books and merchandise gifted to the pupils
• Full H&S and safeguarding risk assessments