Building Future Generations
Eddie & Ellie’s Wild Adventures is a cross-curriculum educational programme for lower KS2 pupils that is built around a children’s book.
It is a fundamental part of Thakeham’s Social Value approach, driving one of our four key Social Value goals – Building Future Generations.
A Lasting Impact
It’s a fully Thakeham funded programme of workshops, site visits and a school trip to a Wildlife Trust facility that follows a development’s journey from planning to site completion.
Carefully created in consultation with educational specialists, Wildlife Trusts, parents and their children, Eddie and Ellie is curated to leave a lasting impact long after the Thakeham development has been completed.
• Fully funded programme of activity, books and materials provision, including a free Wildlife Trust education day
• Adds a richness of experience to curriculum topics
• Early career related learning provision inspires young minds
• Legacy of children who appreciate and look after nature
• Meaningful Social Value delivery for procurement teams
• Programme coordination with the school by Thakeham CSR and Site team
• Dedicated and enthusiastic, fully qualified, DBS checked, teacher delivers the workshops
• Strategic partnership with the Wildlife Trusts
• Google Classroom facility for safe and secure access to materials, with physical books and merchandise gifted to the pupils
• Full H&S and safeguarding risk assessments
Biodiversity Challenge award winners for the best Community Engagement Project
Thanks to Eddie & Ellie, CIRIA have awarded us for the best Community Engagement Project as part of the Big Biodiversity Challenge awards!
It’s amazing to see our work towards social value and biodiversity being recognised on a wider scale. These core values are essential to what we do as a community creator, ensuring it’s not just the developments we are so proud of, but also the community and surrounding environment which will flourish in generations to come.