The site in Petersfield provides a sustainable and strategic location with easy access to local facilities, giving the opportunity for a high quality urban extension. The aim is to create a thriving community through improved connectivity, recreation opportunities and the provision of community facilities.
As well as 54 brand-new homes, we plan to deliver:
- Improved quality and connectivity to the surrounding open spaces
- 50% affordable housing for local people and helping young people get onto the housing ladder
- At least 10% biodiversity net gain
- A significant reduction in carbon emissions over baseline, supporting the ambitions of East Hampshire District Council’s Climate Emergency
- Retention of high-quality mature trees, hedgerows and natural habitats alongside significant new planting
- Fast electric vehicle charging points on all homes and easily accessible secure cycle storage
- Close to local amenities, such as: a school, medical centre, shops and local transport providing direct access to London Waterloo & Portsmouth
The bigger picture
Across all of Thakeham’s development, there is extensive consideration of the surrounding environment as well as climate action on a larger scale. In recognition of this, Thakeham has pledged that by 2025 every Thakeham home will be zero carbon in production and carbon neutral in lifetime operation.
Our environmental strategy focuses on: Climate Change, Nature Recovery, People and Communities.
Read more on our sustainability strategy here.