This will be a new neighbourhood of 500 homes, designed with community and well-being at their heart. Thoughtfully placed around open green space, new community facilities, Thakeham’s innovative zero carbon placemaking will ensure this development will be a neighbourhood for future generations to come.
At a glance
- 500 new homes, including 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and bungalows
- Homes will be zero carbon in lifetime operation and each home built will be carbon neutral in production
- HBF 5* quality new homes
- Policy compliant affordable homes that are tenure blind easing the pressure on first time buyers and key workers
- Premises gifted by Thakeham to a resident owned Community Trust for a shop and cafe run by the community for the benefit of the local community
- 20% Biodiversity net gain – Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting
- Natural green space
- New landscape planting
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings such as bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ will integrate with new wildlife corridors through the new community
- Electric vehicle charging points in all new homes
- Integrated sustainable transport connectivity
- Homes designed in styles to reflect the character of the local area
Zero Carbon Placemaking
We are living in a generation of change and Thakeham believes it is our social responsibility to provide solutions and ideas on how neighbourhoods can thrive sustainably. Thakeham’s involvement in the prestigious NHS Healthy New Towns initiative paired with our innovative development layout prioritizing pedestrian and cycle access over vehicles and the provision of accessible electric charging points for both bike and car, this community will be a sustainable neighbourhood of the future.
Making changes to ensure every Thakeham home built by 2025 is zero carbon in lifetime operation and carbon neutral in production is part the wider strategy Thakeham is implementing to improve our impact on the planet.
You can read more on our sustainability strategy here.