At a glance
- 600 new homes, including 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes and bungalows
- HBF 5* quality new homes
- Quality affordable homes that are tenure blind to ease the pressure on first time buyers and key workers
- Premises gifted by Thakeham to a Community Trust, run by the community for the community, running a a shop and cafe
- 10% Biodiversity net gain – Retention of existing trees / hedgerows and new planting
- The inclusion of wildlife-friendly features into buildings such as bird boxes, bat boxes and ‘insect hotels’ will integrate with new wildlife corridors through the new community
- Natural green space
- New landscape planting
- Electric vehicle charging points in all new homes
- Improved transport connectivity
- Homes designed in styles to reflect the character of the local area
Zero Carbon Placemaking
As part of Thakeham’s mission to invigorate and lead the house-building industry into climate action, Thakeham has pledged that by 2025, all Thakeham homes will be zero carbon in production and carbon neutral in lifetime operation.
Our environmental strategy focuses on: Climate Change, Nature Recovery, People and Communities.
Read more on our environmental strategy here.